books,crafts,decorating

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"The Overlook" by Michael Connelly

Michael Connelly is an authors that I really enjoy reading. "The Overlook" is one of his "Harry Bosch" books. "Harry Bosch" is an investigator for the LAPD. He has had several partners and in this book, has yet another new one. So far his partners aren't remarkable. His strong personality and penchant for breaking the rules is more than likely why Harry has a lot of new partners.

Harry is one of those guys who is very good at his job, knows it, and mows down anyone who gets in his way when he's on a case. In this novel, the ones who are getting in his way are the FBI. Someone has been killed, and it is discovered that the dead man's job was to transport cesium for use in gynecological cancers. This element does it's job when treating disease, but in the wrong hands it can kill. Terrorists are suspected as being behind the theft of the cesium and the killing. It is feared that the terrorists intend to use it to kill a lot of people.

Michael Connelly is a good writer and is able to grab your interest and keep it. A page turner and a very entertaining book, "The Overlook" is a novel I would highly recommend if you're one who enjoys a detective/mystery novel.

Mr. Connelly isn't "Voltaire" by any means, but I like to be entertained when I read for pleasure. I don't want to have to work too hard. He fills this prescription to a tee.

If you read it, do let me know. Tell me what you think. I'm always interested in hearing how others feel about things I recommend.

Until next time,

Mary

0 comments: