books,crafts,decorating

Friday, February 6, 2009

What I'm reading now....


I just finished "The Bone Garden" by Tess Garritsen. I hadn't read anything by this author before, but our daughter Wendi gave us the book and said she knew we'd enjoy it. Gary read it first and raved about it so I had it waiting for me to read after I finished the 1400+ paged "And Ladies of the Club".

In "The Bone Garden" the author starts out telling her story taking place in the 1800s. Then she switches to the present and begins to develop that part of the story. Throughout the book she takes us back and forth bring both time period's happenings together and by the end has neatly tied them together, and wrapped them with a bright red bow. I didn't enjoy this back and forth process and grew a bit weary with it. However, I must say that once I was done, I felt that it was a book I would highly recommend. How did Ms Garritsen manage that? The sign of a gifted author perhaps? Husband Gary has since read many of her other books and has enjoyed them all.

I'm currently reading "Mary, Mary" by James Patterson. Once I finish it I'll go back to Ms Garritsen and see what else she has up her literary sleeve. Stay tuned.

0 comments: