books,crafts,decorating

Friday, February 27, 2009

Going green

Going green is a subject that is on the top of my priority list. I have become aware of my carbon footprint and once one is aware, then this knowledge nags us until we do something about it.

Needless to say, I am nagged a lot. I know I am not doing enough. We all must continually find new ways to recycle, and find new ways to reduce our use of fossil fuels.

My biggest areas of offense are the use of plastic bags and plastic bottled water. Each time I use these items that awareness I spoke of starts to nag away at me. It says, "Mary, this water bottle will still be here thousands of years from now". So far I have managed to cut down by refilling that bottle with chilled water from our faucet.

Another thing that we're doing is that we are slowly replacing our light bulbs with led home lighting. Little by little our house is becoming more energy efficient.

Have you found some unique ways to lessen your carbon footprint? Share it with us. I look forward to hearing from you.

0 comments: