books,crafts,decorating

Monday, May 12, 2008

"1st To Die" by James Patterson, a commentary/review

I have been reading James Patterson's books lately and am really enjoying his narrative style of writing.

"1st To Die" introduces us to the "Women's Murder Club" which is made up of our heroine, Lindsay, who works for the FBI, Cindy, the reporter, Jill, the prosecutor, and Clarie, the medical examiner. These characters have become the central figures in a TV series called "The Women's Murder Club".

In this novel, there has been a brutal killing of a bride and groom, up in the bridal suite. The killings are heinous and sexual in nature which suggest a serial killer. This turns out to be the case, when a second bride and groom are killed and a little later a third bridal couple.

The added twist to this story is the fact that our main heroine has been diagnosed with a very rare blood disorder that can be fatal. Ah but our sturdy Miss Lindsay doesn't let that stand in her way of chasing down leads, carrying on a love affair with her new partner, and then solving the case.

James Patterson has a gift for keeping you on the edge of your seat, and never misses the opportunity to throw in the unexpected just when you think you have it all figured out.

I don't want to tell you too much or to spoil this for you. I hope that if nothing else, I have whet your appetite for more. Get the book and read it.

I'm reading "2nd Chance" by this same author, and once again, he has me hooked. I'll report back in on it when I am finished.

Meanwhile, let me know if you have read or are reading "1st To Die" so we can discuss it here.

I think it would be fun to have an online book club/discussion group. More on that to come.

Until next time, happy reading.

Mary

0 comments: