books,crafts,decorating

Friday, April 11, 2008

Scrapbooking


I've been saying I wanted to try scrap booking for such a long time now. Well, friends, the time has come!! I have two occasions that I feel are just calling for me to begin this new hobby. Want to join me?

One of those occasions is my class reunion. I plan to take my digital camera along and take photos of memorable moments. Later I will gather all of those wonderful photos along with the many I have from years past with these same people and begin my first scrap booking experience.

The picture on the left is from a wonderful site I found http://www.scrapbook.com/.
It's loaded with amazing ideas, supplies, tips and everything a beginning scrap book maker could want. All that is missing is a friend who knows all about scrap booking and I just happen to have one of those at my disposal too. I've seen some of her pages and they are amazing. I'll see if she has any beginning tips for us to share.

So, do I have you all on board with me? I have heard that this can be a costly hobby, but I think that the challenge and the real fun of doing this would be to use what you have around the house already. Challenge yourself to see just what you can do by utilizing things you already have and to see just how cheaply you can put together some wonderful pages.

I hope you will take some pictures and share your project with us. My reunion isn't until July 19, but meanwhile I'll be gathering up old photos and copying them to preserve the originals. I'll also gather up any other things that I might find useful. Scraps of fabric, paints, whatever I can find around the house. I may even dig through my stash of things I keep here for my grand kids to play with. I bet I'll find some useful treasures there.

Let me hear from you if you're going to join me in beginning this new hobby. Be sure to take pictures as you go along and do email me or leave a comment here. I will post any emails for everyone to enjoy, unless you prefer that I don't.

Check out Scrapbook.com. If you aren't inspired to try this yet, a visit to that site will surely have you chomping at the bit.

Happy hunting for scrap booking supplies.

Mary

0 comments: