books,crafts,decorating

Monday, April 7, 2008

Quilting Project in the Making



I have always been fascinated with quilting. I have my machine set up at my favorite sewing spot, and am ready to begin a quilting project to share with you all. I want to make a runner for our dining room table so a quilted one would be just perfect in my "Country Style" decor. I posted on this a while back, but am finally getting to it. Life does get busy. Does it not?

In the photo you can see the fabrics that I have to work with for this room. (click on the image to see an enlarged view) I have the largest amount of the smaller print that is shown on the table, but I find it too busy for my liking. So, I will use it along with the bigger print and some of the other fabrics I have in a patchwork arrangement. I don't know if it'll actually be quilted or just patchwork. We shall see. =)

Meanwhile, if you're interested in this, subscribe to my blog and you'll be notified via email when I post more on this. I hope to have something to show you in the next couple of days.

Meanwhile, I'd love to see what you're doing, so please leave me the URL to your site so we can all enjoy one another's craft projects. =)

Until next time,

Mary

0 comments: