books,crafts,decorating

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Window Treatment to Share



Above you see my kitchen window treatment. I wanted to share this simple way of dressing up a window. I found a remnant of fabric that was perfect for my room. There wasn't a lot of it so I lined the triangles. If you aren't a sewer, you could easily just fold over a hem and apply any kind of fabric glue or even hot glue would work. I attached them to a board so they would stay in place and my husband put it up for me. I could have done it, though. A quick, easy and inexpensive way to decorate your windows.

The birdhouses I purchased unfinished at our local hobby store, and painted them in the colors I wanted to use. I'm my worse critic, so I found that if I would paint a few, then put them aside for a few days and come back to judge whether or not they were "hanging worthy" worked out great. The ones I didn't like originally looked great after some time away. You may want to try that too. Live with your projects a while before you decide whether they work or not.

I hope this inspires you to try something like this yourself.

Until next time,

Mary

0 comments: