books,crafts,decorating

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rag Quilts 101



How many of you have heard about rag quilts?? It's the latest thing in quilting these days. My niece in Minnesota told me how to do it and also sent pictures. I lost the pictures when my computer died on me a while back, but have a link here with instructions and pictures as well. How to Make a Rag Quilt .

Rag quilting is a fast way to get a quilt made as it's all done by machine. You could do some top stitching by hand if you wanted to, and just sew the squares together by machine for long wear ability. I would be inclined to do that, as the hand sewing is much of the fun of quilting. This is an easy way to use up remnants too, by the way.

So, decide what size you want your quilt to be, get your fabric together, (again, scraps would be great as long as they aren't small pieces) You could, of course, choose a color scheme that matches the room that your quilt will live in. School colors for the kids, football colors for the man of the house etc. You are limited only by your imagination on this one.

Again, I'd love it if you would show and tell so my other readers and I can all enjoy your projects. Email me a picture of your quilt in any stage of completion. I'd love to see it and would share it with everyone else. =)

Until next time,

Mary



0 comments: