books,crafts,decorating

Friday, March 21, 2008

This Easter and always..........


Today is Good Friday according to our religious calender. I wish that the days that we recognize as the days of Christ's birth, death, Resurrection were all actually on THE DAY that the event took place. However, the important thing is that we set time aside to remember the special days in the life of Christ.

As I think of Christ's death on the cross my mind jumps to the movie depicting His death, "The Passion". I didn't see that movie. There was a great amount of stir about it in our church and we all were urged to go see it, to support it and so on. Many came to believe in Christ through that movie and that in itself was reason enough to support it.

I would have bought tickets to see the movie, as a way of supporting it, however, but I couldn't go see it. Why, you may ask. I have shared in my other blog, my sister's death from colon cancer and how it broke my heart. It still does after all of these years. While she was sick and dying not a one of us felt it necessary to photograph her or to take home movies of this event to record it for history's sake. It was being indelibly etched onto our hearts, minds, and brains as it occurred. We knew that these mental images would live as long as we did. For this same reason, I didn't feel I needed to go see my Christ being beaten, hung on a cross, tortured, laughed at, ridiculed, having a crown of thorns driven into his scalp. These pictures are indelibly etched into my heart and as long as I live they will remain as well.

So, this Easter season as I remember what it is that we are remembering, I am filled with thanksgiving for the gift that Christ's life and death gave us, and continues to give us. A promise that there is more than this life here on earth. That this is just a school, a training ground for greater things to come.

Because of this knowledge, I have within me a peace that is everlasting. No matter what this life may bring my way. No matter how badly I may be whipped by wind, or shaken by storms, I will remain steadfast and firmly planted on the rock of my salvation, Christ Jesus.

I dedicate this posting to Him and to all of you who chose to read it. May your life be blessed, today, this Easter, and always, through Christ Jesus. Amen

Till next time,

Mary

0 comments: