books,crafts,decorating

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pearl S Buck

I am enjoying "Sons" so much and can't wait to share it here in a book review shortly. Sons is the second in the Pearl S. Buck trilogy, "House Of Earth". The first being "The Good Earth" and ending with "A House Divided". This book is HUGE, as you can imagine, containing three books. It is no wonder that Pearl S. Buck was awarded the Pulitzer Prize. If you haven't read any of her novels, I strongly urge you to do so. Unlike most classic literature, her books are such that we can relate to them now and always. They are about people who could be here today. The themes of her writings are timeless in nature, making her books always relevant.

Other books by her that I have read are: Pavilion of Women, Imperial Women, Townsman, The Living Reed and many, many others. It's been a while since I read these so I need to reread them to review them for you here.

Anyway, am reading "Sons" as fast as I can. I can't wait to share it with you. Then you'll have to wait for me again while I read "House Divided". After that I hope to review the trilogy as a whole here.

You're going to get sick of hearing about this writer. Is it obvious that she is one of my favorites? =) I also enjoy Patricia Cornwell. How big a stretch is that, I ask you!!! =)

Till next time, happy reading,

Mary

0 comments: