books,crafts,decorating

Saturday, June 20, 2009

An upside to a down time

Everyone I talk to is being more careful about money these days. Many have lost money in the stock market or watched the value of their biggest asset, their home plummet to a point of being worth less than they owe. That's hard to take.

However, something that I have noticed as I talk to people is that almost everyone is finding this time of not being able to afford extras is a good time to spend time with the family doing things that don't cost much. Having family movie night, as an example, and playing family games as well. More time with those we love is always a good thing.

Something else I have seen is that there are deals to be hand in most every area. An example of this is are travel deals that enable people to go to places that they normally wouldn't be able to afford. Bargains on air fares, hotels and so forth.

I am keeping my eyes open for a deal on a trip to Europe. Now all I have to do is convince my husband that we need to go there.=)

0 comments: