books,crafts,decorating

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Type 2 diabetes

I do believe that I qualify as being a "health nut". The older I get the more I realize how important it is to take care of our bodies. Keeping our weight down, getting some exercise, and making sure that we get all of the major food groups into our diet each day is my "job" and I take it very seriously.

My husband has recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so that has made me even more mindful of what we eat. Getting his weight down was the first thing the doctor said he should do. At first we did some researched to try to determine which were the
best diet pills, and then decided not to take any, but to just watch what we ate. So far he's lost almost 20 pounds and his blood sugar is doing great.

Guard your health with all you have. It is one's greatest gift.

0 comments: