books,crafts,decorating

Friday, November 21, 2008

The Wonder of His Love


It isn't even Thanksgiving yet and I already am feeling the spirit of Christmas starting to stir inside of my heart. Precious family and dear friends all around me are the reason for this early Christmas joy beginning to sprout in my heart.

Some years Christmas just doesn't quite make it to my spirit, but goes on around me. Oh, I go through all of the motions, alright, but inside it's just another gathering, just another day, just another meal, just some gifts. Isn't that sad. I wonder how many people feel that way? I know many who absolutely hate the holidays. How very sad.

I'm not sure why this year in particular that I feel this early Christmas cheer. Maybe it's because of all of the turmoil in our world with wars, stock market going crazy, uncertain futures for many and so forth. With all of that craziness, in the very midst of it there is this peace that can only come from the Lord Himself. He whispers to my heart, "Be still and know that I am God"......and I am still, and I give thanks, and I praise Him for His enduring love. That, my friends, is Christmas. That's why "Christmas" is stirring in my heart. His love, His promise to guide and protect. His comfort every present.

I praise Him and thank Him. Amen.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes God can cheer anyone up just like that :)

Here is a quote for the spirit of the season-
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."