books,crafts,decorating

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I love books!!!

A couple of months ago I posted a picture of the book I'm reading and told you all that I didn't expect to be able to blog on this book for quite a while. It contains 1400 pages!! The title is "...and Ladies of the Club".

Well friends, I am still reading. Though about two thirds through this novel, I still have a way to go before I'm done.

May I add that this is the second time I read this book and after 20 years or so since the first reading, it's like a totally new book to me. The characters are like old friends, but because I'm more mature, as I read things have a different meaning to me. The first time I read it, I hadn't experienced the death of a loved one. I have now, so when I read about that I fully understand and identify with these characters and their grief.

There is truly a tremendous value in re-reading books that you once enjoyed. You'll find that you will enjoy those books in a completely different way, to a richer fuller degree. Give it a try and see for yourself.

0 comments: