books,crafts,decorating

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How to make pork and sauerkraut by a "KRAUT"

Unless you make your own sauerkraut, buy it packaged in a jar, NEVER in a can. (mom says!! ) You can use either a roasting pan or a dutch oven. My sister Alice uses her dutch oven, I use my roaster. This recipe makes a lot, so if you're cooking for two or don't like leftovers, I suggest you cut this recipe in half.

Pork and Sauerkraut

Drain two large jars of sauerkraut. (some people rinse it. I do not)
Put half of the kraut into the pan
Next lay pork chops or pork ribs (I have six chops)
Cut 6 med. potatoes into 1/4 sized pieces and place in pan
Put the other half of the kraut over this.
Add a cup of water

Cover and cook 3 1/2 hours at 350
Serve sour cream on the side for over the potatoes.

My sister Alice is a great cook. She says that she grates her potatoes into the kraut and cooks potatoes on the side. This time I have grated two large potatoes into my kraut and also put the cut up potatoes into the pot. We shall see how that works out.

Enjoy!!

0 comments: