books,crafts,decorating

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Spirit


How are you all doing with Christmas spirit this year? Finding it hard to grab hold of that holiday joy with such uncertainty all around us?

I'm struggling a bit with this myself. However, I have decided that the biblical principle of giving out of one's need is tried and true. Therefore, in order to get a bit of that spirit, I know that I must give some.

This principle works in everything and anything. If you are feeling tired, nothing will perk you up more than going for a brisk walk. Try it. It's amazing. Are you feeling blue? Get out around people, smile and be friendly to someone who looks like they could use a friend right now. This has always worked for me and continues to amaze me when it does.

So, what are we going to do to get into the spirit of Christmas? Get involved in sharing your Christmas with others. In our town there is a lady who has a group of kids that she looks after and makes sure they have presents under their tree. I plan to be "Santa" for one of her kids this year. Toys for Tots will have some gifts from me as well, and I am going to make some special decorations for my wonderful neighbors too.

In giving we get 10 fold back. This is true not only at Christmas time, but year round. Merry Christmas to you all.

0 comments: