books,crafts,decorating

Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Memories


I live in South East Texas. Here in the South, warm weather is what we expect and usually get. Our summer temperatures are in the mid 90's, and it's not uncommon to have an entire winter pass without a freeze. This year we're having some pretty cold days, but you don't hear many of us complaining. It's a nice break.

Many Christmas' have come and gone. All are a little hectic, some have been full of joy, some a little lonely. I'm sure most of you could say the same. Most are enjoyable, though.

As for Christmas memories, though, the one year that will always stand out when I think of Christmas is the year that it snowed here on Christmas Eve. Imagine!! Snow in South Texas on Christmas Eve. Not the day before or the day after Christmas, but Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This Minnesota native stayed up until the wee hours of the morning watching this miracle of God taking place before my eyes. I saw that snow as a love gift to all of us it fell on. I felt unworthy, I felt surrounded by His love and a gratitude in my heart that returns and fills me whenever I remember that Christmas Eve snowfall.

After nearly 69 years of Christmas', that one Christmas memory will always remain as my favorite.

Do you have a special Christmas story you want to share with us? Do leave a comment. Share your story with us too.

0 comments: